Podcast “Table of Contents”:
- (0:00:00) Introduction
- (0:04:55) Purpose of tournament
- (0:07:02) Why we (and you should) like 100 Card Singleton
- (0:19:36) Some Vivat Centum! details
- (0:24:56) 100CS deckbuilding: General methodology
- (0:34:15) 100CS deckbuilding: Manabases
- (0:37:36) 100CS deckbuilding: Tutor packages
- (0:43:37) 100CS deckbuilding: Testing through consideration
- (0:45:48) 100CS deckbuilding: Considering the opposition
- (0:48:24) 100CS deckbuilding: Evaluating individual cards
- (0:58:24) 100CS deckbuilding: Lines of play
- (1:06:33) Card combinations to remember and consider
- (1:20:34) Last-known metagame
- (1:21:44) What’s changed? B&R + new sets
- (1:37:46) What decks are we working on?
- First tournament: November 17th, 2012, 10:00am PST (18:00 UTC)
- Second tournament: December 1st, 2012, 3:00pm PST (23:00 UTC)
- Third tournament: December 15th, 2012, 12:00pm PST (20:00 UTC)
Links mentioned in podcast:
- Vivat Centum! main informational page
- Vivat Centum! November 17, 2012, Event Information Page (Click Here to Register!)
- Slug360′s article on competitive Bant variations
- Tarmotog/Naoto’s recent article reintroducing 100 Card Singleton
- Zimbardo’s article on Esper artifact-oriented builds (including a budget build)
- Click here to download the 100CS Budget Goblins list as a .txt file, importable into MTGO
- Click here to join the Facebook event for this tournament (as a reminder for you)
List of relevant combos:
- Rebels & Mirror Entity/Chameleon Colossus/Skyshroud Poacher
- Thopter Foundry & Sword of the Meek
- Goblin Charbelcher & Mana Severance
- Tezzeret the Seeker & artifact combos
- Buried Alive/Jarads Orders & Genesis
- Congregation at Dawn & cascade chain
- Goblin Sharpshooter & Nightshade Peddler/Basilisk Collar
- Helm of Obedience & Leyline of the Void/Rest In Peace
- Oath of Druids & Forbidden Orchard/opponent has a creature in play
- Painters Servant & Grindstone
- Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker/Splinter Twin & Pestermite/Village Bell-Ringer/Restoration Angel/Deceiver Exarch
- Melira, Sylvok Outcast & persist creatures & sacrifice outlet (Either sacrifice or persist should create value)
- Upheaval & mana floating
- Scapeshift & 7 lands (and a Valakut, the Molten Pinnacle w/ 6 Mountains in deck)
- Energy Field & Rest In Peace
- Moat & Humility
- Goblin Recruiter & Goblin Ringleader
- Natural Order & green creature (w/ nice green creature in deck)
- Hermit Druid + no basics / Cephalid Illusionist + zero-mana, instant-speed targeted ability & The Mimeoplasm/Sutured Ghoul & Dread Return
Relevant cards from recently-printed sets:
- Mirrodin Besieged. Green Sun’s Zenith. Blue Sun’s Zenith. Sword of Feast and Famine. Go for the Throat. Thrun, the Last Troll. Mortarpod. Mirran Crusader. Treasure Mage. Goblin Wardriver. Hero of Bladehold. Hero of Oxid Ridge. Consecrated Sphinx.
- New Phyrexia. Batterskull. Dismember (and friends). Karn Liberated. Blade Splicer. Birthing Pod. Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite. Phyrexian Metamorph. Vulshok Refugee. Beast Within.
- Commander decks. Scavenging Ooze. Chaos Warp. Homeward Path. Hornet Queen. Damia, Sage of Stone. Edric, Spymaster of Trest. The Mimeoplasm. Stranglehold.
- Magic 2012. Timely Reinforcements. Phantasmal Image. Garruk, Primal Hunter. Buried Ruin. Dungrove Elder. Stormblood Berserker.
- Innistrad. Fiend Hunter. Snapcaster Mage. Daybreak Ranger. Unburial Rites. Gavony Township (and friends). Hinterland Harbor (and friends). Garruk Relentless. Stromkirk Noble. Mentor of the Meek. Brimstone Volley. Olivia Voldaren.
- Mercadian Masques Block. Lin Sivvi, Defiant Hero (and rebels). Submerge. Rishadan Port. Dust Bowl. Tower of the Magistrate. Flame Rift.
- Dark Ascension. Sorin, Lord of Innistrad. Vault of the Archangel. Huntmaster of the Fells. Lingering Souls. Dungeon Geists. Hellrider. Drogskol Reaver. Falkenrath Aristocrat. Thalia, Guardian of Thraben. Havengul Lich.
- Avacyn Restored. Entreat the Angels. Soul of the Harvest. Blood Artist. Pillar of Flame. Griselbrand. Bonfire of the Damned. Wolfir Silverheart. Vexing Devil. Tamiyo, the Moon Sage. Sigarda, Host of Herons. Devastation Tide. Craterhoof Behemoth. Slayers Stronghold. Desolate Lighthouse. Zealous Conscripts. Restoration Angel. Angel of Jubilation. Seraph of Dawn. Wingcrafter. Druids Familiar. Stonewright. Triumph of Ferocity.
- Planechase 2012. Baleful Strix. Shardless Agent.
- Magic 2013. Sublime Archangel. Thragtusk. Knight of Glory. Knight of Infamy. Flames of the Firebrand. Staff of Nin. Nefarox, Overlord of Grixis. Flinthoof Boar. Thundermaw Hellkite. Arctic Aven. Talrand, Sky Summoner. Talrands Invocation. Elderscale Wurm. Attended Knight. Ajani, Caller of the Pride.
- Return to Ravnica. Mizzium Mortars. Detention Sphere. Dreadbore. Armada Wurm. Angel of Serenity. Sphinxs Revelation. Lotleth Troll. Supreme Verdict. Deathrite Shaman. Chromatic Lantern. Charms. Keyrunes. Much more!
About to listen, but one question first (which may end up getting answered; I’ll see):
Does this mean we’ll get to start seeing some 100CS videos up on the site again??
We mention that at the very end. Not sure we’ll be posting any additional ones until after the first tournament, but it’s definitely on our radar.
Great job guys, nice way to capture what people need to know leading up to the events!
The first pod cast I’ve actually ever been able to listen all the way through. Great job guys!
Listening a podcast about 100 CS while building a 100 CS deck is priceless, now I can rest in peace.
No, seriously very usefull information for new and old 100 CS deckbuilders.
A tip for when building a deck from scratch and you end up selecting 250+ cards. To make some room in the Deck Editor save those cards in a .dek file (so you can load them again if needed) and take a screenshot of all cards, open the image with Paint, so you have a whole picture of all cards, and now in the Deck Editor you can do all the changes you want. For me it is like having a third window in which to put cards (deck, sideboard and paint) I even sometimes take screenshots of every converted mana cost.
By they way, I would say Vivat Sentum xD.