(Last updated 13 Jan., 2014)
Are you interested in joining MTGO Academy, LLC, as either a regular employee or as a contributor to our website content portal? If so, then you’ve come to the right place.
Web Development/Programming Position
MTGO Academy, LLC, is looking for an IT Professional in the areas of Web Development and Web Programming. We are looking for someone interested in a long-term commitment to working with a small but challenging and forward-thinking international team to develop and innovate the web umbrella of our secondary Magic: the Gathering retail business. If the working relationship is a good fit, we are open to offering equity/shares in the company as part of a compensation agreement.
Your responsibilities would include:
- Web development and administration
- Execution of complex web projects
- Implementation of design concepts (front-end programming) and integration of them into existing backend structures
- Management of our WordPress platform
- Project management of Online projects
- Participation in online campaigns (Web 2.0)
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Maintenence and improvement of our existing web applications
- Attending frequent meetings with our small team to discuss progress and plan projects
Required or desired skills:
- Solid knowledge of online marketing tools (Google Analytics, Adwords, Affiliate programs, etc.)
- High-level expertise in HTTP Server, MySQL
- Experience with e-commerce systems
- Experience with ASP.NET
- Experience with SEO
- Knowledge and experience with the trading card game Magic: the Gathering is highly desired
- Ability to work congenially with an international team who conducts business mostly in German and English
- Diverse and interesting projects
- Equity in a fast-growing web startup
- A young international team
- Complete flexibility regarding your work schedule
- A responsive team frequently available for strategizing and discussion
- Coworkers open to learning from your knowledge and skills
If you believe you meet these qualifications and are interested in the prospect of working with us at MTGO Academy, please email us with your résumé at info[at]mtgoacademy.com. We look forward to hearing from you!
Website Content Contribution (M:tG articles & videos)
Here are some of the expectations for our contributors:
- We adhere to a schedule. This means that punctuality and discipline with regard to completing your content is a must. We expect all submissions to be handed in to our editing staff before the publication date of your piece. This allows time for editing, code insertion, and general polishing to make you appear as cool, smart, and awesome as you most definitely are. While stringent, we understand that there are emergencies and are also willing to adjust the schedule if given ample prior notice.
- We prefer contributors to submit content every other week or once a month, usually not weekly. This gives you ample time to develop your ideas, articulate them without distress, and allow our content schedule to be more varied.
- The minimum length of written content is 1400 words. The minimum length of video content is 20 minutes. We do not accept hurried, poorly executed content for obvious quality control reasons.
- We prefer active MTGO players. This doesn’t mean you have to be on the Pro Tour (though that would be a definite plus), but it does mean that you need to be knowledgeable in the format which you would like to cover. You should also have the means to play your preferred formats online; MTGO offers many interesting avenues for content that paper Magic doesn’t, and we want our contributors to be able to explore them when warranted!
Here is what we are currently looking for, as far as content goes:
- We are currently not looking for any particular content topics or skillsets from contributors. However, please email us if you have an article/video idea or are interested in pitching a series. We always love to hear from potential contributors and particularly enjoy featuring guest content.
So if you’re interested in joining MTGO Academy’s content team, all you have to do is this: email A.J. at aj[at]mtgoacademy.com with a description of what it is that you would like to cover, your availability, your MTGO screen name (if you have one), and any prior experience you have with writing and/or making videos, as well as general info about yourself. Feel free to ask any questions you have, as well.
Also, feel free to comment in the area below.
We hope to hear from you soon!