This is the end.
Dime a Dozen, one of the longest-running column-ish thingies Pauper has ever seen, has no more cards left in library.
I feel nothing but gratitude for having been able to produce content for MTGO Academy consistently over the span of four and one-half years. It’s truly been a blast ever since my very first article launched back in July of 2012.
Thanks to everyone who helped make the series possible, namely A.J. Goldman, Christopher Kuehl, and every last one of you! Your input and support has always been stellar, and won’t be soon forgotten.
If you can, please continue to support my Pauper content on the internet! You can follow me on Twitter, read my articles on Blackborder and look for potential future content on PureMTGO.
Before we cut the lights off, allow me to share with you some of what I think are the most epic and memorable games in the history of the series. For anyone not familiar with Dime a Dozen or simply looking for a refresher course, I’d consider the following videos to be a solid starting point.
DIME A DOZEN’S BEST/MOST UNIQUE GAMES (NEWEST TO OLDEST)
DAD #97: DESPERATE HOUSEMONKS – R1 G1 (IZZET RAVINGS VS. MBC)
- I DECK THE OPPONENT W/ DEEP ANALYSIS
- I END THE GAME WITH 0 CARDS IN LIBRARY
DAD #95: JASON + MATRON – R1 G3 (GRIXIS MATRON CONTROL VS. ABZAN TE)
- MY OPPONENT WINS WITH 4 SECONDS LEFT ON CLOCK
- MY OPPONENT HAS 6 CARDS LEFT IN LIBRARY, I HAVE 9
DAD #88: GEIST, SAGE, DRIFTER! – R1 G3 (IZZET CONTROL VS. MBC)
- “I CAN’T BELIEVE THIS GAME” – ME
- I DECK THE OPPONENT WHILE AT 1 LIFE
- I HAVE 03:05 REMAINING ON THE CLOCK
DAD #88: GEIST, SAGE, DRIFTER! – R2 G1
- I WIN THE GAME AT 2 LIFE, W/ 7 CARDS REMAINING IN LIBRARY
DAD #59: CRUISE IT OR LOSE IT – R1 G3 (IZZET CRUISE CONTROL VS. MBC)
- I WIN THE GAME W/ 1 CARD REMAINING IN LIBRARY
- I HAVE 02:20 REMAINING ON THE CLOCK
DAD #8: CURSEBREAK – R4 G3 (MONO BLUE CONTROL VS. HEXPROOF)
- I KEEP A 6 CARD, NO LAND HAND
- I CAST DOUBLE ECHOING TRUTH FOR THE SAVE
- I WIN THE GAME AT 3 LIFE
- MY OPPONENT WAS RUDE TO ME BEFORE THE MATCH
- MY OPPONENT WHINES AT THE END
If you think I missed something, feel free to let me know! It’s very possible that there are other candidates (because as far as installments go, there’s a lot of these damn things).
And now for our final trio of matches! Will they be as epic as the ones listed above? Probably not. But you’ll still have to watch to find out for sure!
Dimir Trinket Control By Jason Moore
And with that Dime a Dozen is now officially closed. You don’t have to go home, but you gotta get the hell out of here!
I came, I saw, I turned sideways. I regret nothing.
You can find Jason
on MTGO as BambooRush
and on Twitter @dimecollectorsc.