Some interesting Innistrad facts and info:
- It is the biggest set in recent history, with 264 cards.
- Innistrad is not a multi-color focused set.
- It has a classic horror theme with tribes in each color (Ghouls, Vampires, Werewolves, Humans, etc.).
- Flashback returns as mechanic.
- A completely new card type, which is double-faced (you can flip it on its back for a “nighttime version” of the card. This allows one card to transform into another (e.g., a human into a werewolf) by flipping it onto the night side. The ability is called transform, and cards with transform do not have a regular Magic back.
- Garruk and Liliana are back, and one of them comes with five (!) loyalty abilities distributed between two sides.
- Curses that enchant the opponent and cause bad things to happen to him.
- A new ability word called morbid that checks if a creature died this turn.
- The Core Set duals make a reappearance but this time with enemy color combinations.
- Not all transform cards can transform back.
Find more information and a few nice examples of transform cards here on the Wizards of the Coast page, and for rules and clarifications how those new mechanics work in constructed and limited play check here.
Let me know what you think of the new set and how you like the theme in the comments!