Welcome everyone, and thanks for joining me today! Below we have two videos for your enjoyment, featuring one of my newer Commander decks. The commander of choice this week is Karrthus, Tyrant of Jund. There would be more videos, but in one of the famous phrases of Travis, my microphone took a wet nasty fart in my mouth, and now everything I recorded has tons of static overlaying the audio track. I’m working on getting a new mic- so more videos will follow. The deck in the video has changed and a new decklist will be posted underneath the videos explaining my card choices and listing the total price for what I hope is still a budget price range. Also, I wanted to get a viewer vote on the next couple decks I will be working with. So far, I have the following built and am ready to at least playtest with:
Green-White – Gaddock Teeg Prison
Red-Black-White — Oros, the Avenger Angels and Demons
Mono White — Raksha Golden Cub Cats and Swords
Mono Black — Maga, Traitor to Mortals Mono-Black Control
Red-White-Green — Mayael the Anima Fatties
If anyone has any preferences as far what they would like to see from the above five, let me know below!
Bad Romance Dragons
(To load a .txt deck into Magic: Online’s Deck Editor, click “Load”, select “Local Text Deck”, find the location of the downloaded deck file and double-click the deck.)
Total Cost: $102.76
While certainly nowhere near as cheap as the original version of the deck or my first EDH deck, I think that the price is reasonable seeing how many of these cards are staples and fit into multiple decks.
- The Ravnica Shocklands- Well they provide two colors of mana and are easily searchable with any of my fetchlands. There is no good reason not to run them.
- Demonic Tutor and Grim Tutor- Being able to get what I need, when I need it is a very, very strong ability. Playing two of the better tutors seems obvious!
- Sarkhan the Mad- Well, if I’m already playing the sane one, might as well play the crazy one. Also I live in a fantasy world of using Sarkhan Vol‘s ultimate and then casting Sarkhan the Mad later that turn and dealing 20.
- Garruks Packleader- He replaced Indrik Stomphowler simply because I play enough creatures that trigger the card draw ability, and I was never happy with the Indrik Stomphowler overall.
- Dragon Broodmother- She fits the flavor and theme well. Not too many “I get four dragons every round” cards.
And that’s all. Thanks for reading (and watching). Hopefully, my technological issues will be resolved soon. Also, let’s hope I quit building all these decks- it’s getting expensive.